Thursday, June 7, 2007

Panning shots, Grasshopper



Well, that's what jkirlin called them. He asks: I do. What else would I do?

Below is the chat transcript as it occurred, we have altered content to make it PG.

jkirlin: Want a photo skill assingment? ":)
me: yes masta!
kirlin: Practice your panning shots, grasshopper.

And so I walked outside, got into the girls swingset house and took this shot. Not bad!!

This seemed to be the best settings for me:

f/22
1/25 sec
aperture priority
follow the target
shoot

4 comments:

  1. Weeeeehhhhhheeeeeeeehhhhhhhhheeeeeellllllllll

    I'd say somewone has THAT down!

    Next... a 10 minute star trail! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those of you who don't know, Jeff is being a "Gentle Commenter", and not saying what he knows:

    That my Olympus E-500, according to the official spec page has this:

    "Bulb(up to 8 minutes)."

    Thanks man, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Panning shots." So THAT'S what they're called. I did something unintentional like that with ducks, while the ducks were crossing the road and I was whizzing by on Rollerblades.

    Eight minutes? Beats my Fuji S700, which is "4 sec. to 1/1000 sec. in 1/3 EV increments."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josey: Those ducks make me dizzy! It was a nice grab while skating. I would be so afraid of crashing and smashing my camera that I would never take it with me while skating!

    Well, panning shots is what Jeff calls them, god knows what the *real* name is.

    ReplyDelete