Thursday, February 13, 2014

Different kind of #TBT: My personal technology throwback



I have my Pebble Steel on order and got to thinking today how the Pebble is kind of like the Palm Pilot of smart watches.  It's a the first one to really work and it has some traction amongst the super geeky - but most people won't be buying one until Apple comes out with theirs.

An ad I saw today for the Pebble actually read "Multi Color LED".  Haha.  The face of the Steel is black "e-ink" (like the original Kindle).  If you look at the Palm Pilot below - it's basically the same thing!

I wonder how long it will take until we are at the point of a smart watch being as ubiquitous as retina display phones?

Heres a visual history of just some of my geekery showing itself.


Original Palm Pilot


Kyocera 7135, I LOVED THIS PHONE!


Motorola StarTAC, this phone lasted forever


Palm Treo, first work phone with email.  Only 7 or 8 years ago!


Original iPhone


iPhone 4


iPhone 5S



This visual list doesn't even have my original iPad, the second generation iPad, an iPad mini, and 21 keyboard cases.

This is where my money goes!













No comments:

Post a Comment